"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." -- Wyatt Earp

Chris' Widener Commentary: We live in a very fast paced world. Everything is needed NOW. I suppose there is a market for fast, and there will be some who are rewarded handsomely for it, but most success stories revolve around quality rather than speed. Someone may be doing it faster, but the successful do it better. The first go around may go to the fast, but when people realize there is lesser quality there, they will look for, and stay with, the better quality from then on. I remember early on in my career when I was building an organization I had started, and an old friend sent me a card that said only these words, "Remember, you are growing an oak tree, not a squash." Good words for me. Good words for all of us.

Action Point: Is there something you have been pushing to get done at the expense of the quality? Take sometime today to slow down, go over it again, improve the quality and readjust your schedule. Build something strong that lasts, though it takes longer, not something you can build fast that dies out soon thereafter.

0 comments