Relativity

Posted by dailytots | 8:00 PM | , | 1 comments »

When you are courting a nice girl, an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder, a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." Albert Einstein

Chris' Commentary:
Relativity. It is all relative, you know. Some people make more money, some less. Some have better health, some worse. Some better relationships, some worse. There is always someone better or richer, but also not as good or poorer. Is this cause for despair? Not at all. I have actually found that it is quite good for me, this idea of relativity. On one hand, relativity keeps me content. I know when I start to want more just for wanting more's sake, I can look and see that many others do not have the blessings I do. It is relative, and that makes me thankful for what I have - and content. When I start feeling proud for my accomplishments, you know, not the good kind of proud, but the bad side of pride, relativity keeps me humble. There is always someone better than me, someone who has proven they can master the art or the skills better than I. So relativity plays a very important role. It is all in how you choose to look at it.

Action Point: Ask yourself if you tend to have the wrong kind of pride. If so, remind yourself that others have mastered more. This will keep you humble. Are you lacking contentment? Then remind yourself of others who are less fortunate. This will keep you content. Relativity keeps us in a perfect tension that keeps us human, and healthy humans at that.



1 comments

  1. Anonymous // March 25, 2009 at 1:33 AM  

    Lolzz, the description of relativity is really impressive ;)